What is it?

Seen the make-over shows on TV and need an image consultant to give you that advice. Learn how to dress to impress at work, look 10lb slimmer or just mix and match and accessorise. I can sort out colour analysis, personal styling, take you personal shopping or weed your wardrobe. Always on-line just to give you inspiration and advice too. Check out my quick and easy make-up tutorials on youtube too.

Wednesday 5 May 2010

The RIGHT jeans in the workplace

I was teaching a course in a high profile city bank today and during my coffee break I noticed the lady standing in front of me at the coffee counter was wearing jeans.  Mmmmm I thought,  "NOT appropriate for this environment" and I assumed she was a visitor as no one else in the bank wears jeans..... but something else was not quite right and at first I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was that was wrong wrong wrong.

With her jeans she had on a great tailored striped shirt.  She was well groomed, good shoes, nice bag, all the ingredients I advocate for smart casual but something was not quite right. 

Then it struck me! 

She was wearing faded brown jeans.  They fitted well, they were the right length but it was the fact that they were brown that made them just look too "casual" for the elusive "smart casual" we all struggle to achieve.

So the stylist on the street's comment and observation for today is that SMART CASUAL jeans are DARK BLUE jeans.  Anything else will just look too scruffy when you try to incorporate it into your work wardrobe.

Be Fabulous!

No comments: